eleryth 🙃weird forsythe

Going to the Chapel and I'm Gonna Watch Someone Else Get Married

I've heard several people tell me that 2008 is going to be the Year of Change. I guess it's shaping up that way, at least for me. I'm hopefully going to grad school, moving to do that, and I've got my gallbladder out, so I'm going to have to watch my diet and exercise and hopefully lose the weight. Other people I know have changed jobs for the better, and have exciting new things coming up for them.

When I called my dad the other night to let him know I'm home from the hospital, I got more news of the change variety, that also requires travel to BC.

My dad is getting married on August 2nd to his long-time live-with girlfriend. Out in BC, at their place; a 2 day affair.

I just assumed they were already common-law and wouldn't bother with an actual ceremony, but I guess I was wrong. But I suppose it's nice that they want to do something like that; as dad put it, it's so there's someone to take care of him when he gets old (do not get me started on this or I will rant your ears off).

I hope I can afford to travel out there, considering everything else I have to pay for this year. Maybe dad will help me pay for it. After that, I've got to come back to Ontario and get ready to go wherever I'll be going, so that's an extra trip to factor in. He figured I'd be out in Alberta by then without needing to come back to Ontario or something. Oh well, that's life, right? I made it out for Skippy's wedding, so I can make it out for my Dad's. He's hoping Sunny can make it, too, but if he can't, I don't think it'll be as big of a deal. And damn right I want to rent a car so that I can leave when I need to as I hope August will be a busy month.

That's the biggest news in my family so far.

Is this a year of change for anyone else? Anyone else getting startling news?



Also, today, I Challenge Dairy! WHOO. Let's see how this goes.