wareaglechik 🤔curious

Listens: Chelsea Lately

Giving up on a deam for something totally different

Well, the last couple of weeks or so has really given me a lot of insight on life. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, a certain talk with my boss made me realize that maybe education isn't where I should be. I still love kids, and I love education, but the whole process of trying to get my GPA up for the school of education was really taking too much time, and wasting money as well. I've decided to take a new route- I'm going after massage therapy now. I've always known that I give pretty good massages (not to toot my own horn, so to speak, but I've been told so), but I've never thought about giving it a shot. I guess the thing that got my attention was learning that a parent of one of the kids in my class teaches courses in massage therapy at the local community college.

After much deliberation, I've decided to go for it. I think it's something I'd really like, not to mention that I've heard the money isn't anything to complain about, either. I'll enroll for this coming fall, and hopefully graduate fall of next year, since it's only an 18 month program. Luckily, the classes are at night, so it wouldn't affect work that much. It will mean longer days, as classes don't get out until 10p or 11p. I know that it'll be like running a marathon of responsibility, but I'm ready to give it a shot. As much as I'm eager to begin this new endeavor in my life, I'm ready to put college behind me.

EDIT- I'm not engaged or anything, but I've already decided what I'm going to do for my reception, whether *he* likes it or not. : p