I made a post on
ucdavis recently, and was advised by
vox_furor to post here with dorm-related questions.
I'm still no 100% certain that I'll attend UCD (still waiting for my financial aid package), but odds are good that I will. As such, I've been researching a variety of things about the school, including housing.
From what I've heard, Segundo has a great sense of community but mostly older buildings, whereas Cuarto has nice rooms but you tend to get to know only your suitemates. Is this accurate? Furthermore, how big is the difference in either of those categories: how much worse are Segundo's rooms than Cuarto's, and how isolated is social life at Cuarto compared to Segundo? Also, I haven't heard much about Tercero- what is it like?
What about other issues (DC quality, location, etc)? Are any of them significant enough to consider as selection criteria?
ucdavis recently, and was advised by I'm still no 100% certain that I'll attend UCD (still waiting for my financial aid package), but odds are good that I will. As such, I've been researching a variety of things about the school, including housing.
From what I've heard, Segundo has a great sense of community but mostly older buildings, whereas Cuarto has nice rooms but you tend to get to know only your suitemates. Is this accurate? Furthermore, how big is the difference in either of those categories: how much worse are Segundo's rooms than Cuarto's, and how isolated is social life at Cuarto compared to Segundo? Also, I haven't heard much about Tercero- what is it like?
What about other issues (DC quality, location, etc)? Are any of them significant enough to consider as selection criteria?