Samorost 1

Samorost 1

Doesn't start
Hi,

I installed the game but when I launch it I get stuck on the intro screen (a black screen with the logo in the bottom right corner) and can't do anything

Is there any way to fix it?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Same here, screen goes black, see the cursor cross hair and the game closes.
Waiting to see if anyone else has the same problem.
Me too, except I see the tree bottle floating in space and the music plays. I can click the star in the upper right to see credits but that's all I can do. I tried clicking everywhere else and every key on the keyboard and the only one that does anything is F which just toggles fullscreen. Also, there's nothing in the System or Application Event logs about it.
I have a such promblem on Win 10. Also Samorost 2 (gog version) doesn't start.
May 24, 2021 @ 8:58am 
Hi guys, anyone who sees a black screen on start or the game crashes - does restarting the computer and/or reinstalling the game help?

If nothing changes, please share your hardware specs and your operating system versions. Also, if anyone has any of our other games, let us know if those work. Thanks!

@webgrunt, try clicking on the blue metal tower on the top of the planet (the cursor should change when hovering over it).
Hi, I use Win 8.1 Pro x64 on a notebook with Intel Duo T2370 and integrated graphic card Intel 965 Express
Originally posted by psychedelia:
Hi guys, anyone who sees a black screen on start or the game crashes - does restarting the computer and/or reinstalling the game help?

If nothing changes, please share your hardware specs and your operating system versions. Also, if anyone has any of our other games, let us know if those work. Thanks!

Hi, it doesn't work after restarting or reinstalling. Also I try windows compatibility modes - no effect. I see "Amanita design" logo animation and cursor which frizes after 1-2 seconds and game task aborts. Samorost 2 has the same problem. Samorost 3 works ok.

Win 10 pro x64 20H2; intel xeon 2665v2 on x79 motherboard; amd rx580 video.
subscribe :) one my girlfriend have same problem. hd intel how it names video card. notebook. @psychedelia, can you try launch game with old notebook too? with integral video?
reinstall the game
Originally posted by psychedelia:
@webgrunt, try clicking on the blue metal tower on the top of the planet (the cursor should change when hovering over it).

That fixed it. I must have clicked every pixel on the screen except the ones comprising the tower.
Originally posted by Dark:
reinstall the game
If it was that easy
Originally posted by deeman:
If it was that easy
you fixed it by reinstall?
Originally posted by SeregaZ:
Originally posted by deeman:
If it was that easy
you fixed it by reinstall?
no, it still doesn't work
no any news about it?
Originally posted by psychedelia:
Hi guys, anyone who sees a black screen on start or the game crashes - does restarting the computer and/or reinstalling the game help?
I install samorost by GOG - the same result.
I think this problem in win10 and flash player, that was recently deleted by microsoft. maybe.
Jun 2, 2021 @ 7:48am 
Hi everyone, thanks for the info. Was hoping for some similarities, but your setups look pretty different performance-wise and we were not able to reproduce the issue here. Sorry about that :( :mrsmushroom: I can only recommend trying to start the game in window mode (press Escape or F) or play on a different computer. The game is also for free on mobile platforms.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Per page: 1530 50