wherein i continue to be shallow and materialistic
Life is now basically ok. I still need to decide exactly which awesome job to take, and pick out the nice loft to live in for the next few years, but I think I've finally adjusted to this lifestyle and enjoy it.
It's weird just how little has objectively changed in the past few months (mainly just accepting that I'll leave well paid but boring/crushing job, and give up on nomadic lifestyle), and how much happier I am about it. And the weird thing is the thing I was most concerned about (having to actually find income once I leave the well paid boring job) was the least stressful; I'm actually going to make more and have a better job with both more enjoyable work AND much better long-term prospects.
The only thing I am really giving is having a 9mm on my thigh all day, and making up for that by being able to open-carry at home and in the office, a 10min walk between the two, and going to shooting camps every few months to refine tactical skills, is enough.
Woo. 2010 is probably going to be pretty good.
It's weird just how little has objectively changed in the past few months (mainly just accepting that I'll leave well paid but boring/crushing job, and give up on nomadic lifestyle), and how much happier I am about it. And the weird thing is the thing I was most concerned about (having to actually find income once I leave the well paid boring job) was the least stressful; I'm actually going to make more and have a better job with both more enjoyable work AND much better long-term prospects.
The only thing I am really giving is having a 9mm on my thigh all day, and making up for that by being able to open-carry at home and in the office, a 10min walk between the two, and going to shooting camps every few months to refine tactical skills, is enough.
Woo. 2010 is probably going to be pretty good.