Random acts of kindness
Have you ever done a random act of kindness for a stranger? or ever been on the receiving end of such an action?
After dropping off a much healthier - and cheekier - little girl at school, I went to my local Tim Hortons to get some much needed coffee and a danish. While waiting in line in the drive-thru I noticed the Rav4 in front of me and was trying to read the design logo that was advertising a kids play company. Since it's still early, and the brain isn't functioning yet for lack of caffeine, I really wasn't paying that close attention, only that they bought the MPV at the Milton Toyota dealership.
I pull up to the window to pay for my purchase and the lady said that this was covered. Huh? She was laughing and was really amused, but said that my coffee and danish were already paid for by the person that had just left.
Man, I mean WOW! Really unexpected and so much appreciated!!
I pulled off from the window and searched in vain for the truck, but it was gone.
So, whoever you are, THANK YOU! You really made my year.
While driving home and trying to think about what just happened, it dawned on me to really think, what have I done to make someone's day like this before? A smile? Helping holding the door open for the person behind me? What lesson does this teach me, and one day teach my children?
Again, I ask, have you ever done a random act of kindness to a stranger? Or have you ever been on the receiving end one? Can you let me know?
Thanks!
After dropping off a much healthier - and cheekier - little girl at school, I went to my local Tim Hortons to get some much needed coffee and a danish. While waiting in line in the drive-thru I noticed the Rav4 in front of me and was trying to read the design logo that was advertising a kids play company. Since it's still early, and the brain isn't functioning yet for lack of caffeine, I really wasn't paying that close attention, only that they bought the MPV at the Milton Toyota dealership.
I pull up to the window to pay for my purchase and the lady said that this was covered. Huh? She was laughing and was really amused, but said that my coffee and danish were already paid for by the person that had just left.
Man, I mean WOW! Really unexpected and so much appreciated!!
I pulled off from the window and searched in vain for the truck, but it was gone.
So, whoever you are, THANK YOU! You really made my year.
While driving home and trying to think about what just happened, it dawned on me to really think, what have I done to make someone's day like this before? A smile? Helping holding the door open for the person behind me? What lesson does this teach me, and one day teach my children?
Again, I ask, have you ever done a random act of kindness to a stranger? Or have you ever been on the receiving end one? Can you let me know?
Thanks!