Questions from a newbie
Hi folks. I have a few questions. What are those little things called that you stick through the paper and then fold the "prongs" or "legs" back so they lay flat, leaving a flat "button" on one side and the folded legs on the other side. They're usually metal, I think, although I don't think they have to be. I'm pretty sure I saw some cards at the meeting the other night that had these things in them. I didn't even know what to ask for at the hobby store!
Also, the pages to hold cards -- do they sell those at hobby/craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's? I didn't see them among the scrapbooking stuff, which makes sense, and I was on my way somewhere so I didn't ask the salesfolk. Or do you have to go to a game store?
The larger ATC group on LiveJournal has a question with several comments about "trading forward", or trading cards that you received from someone rather than making them yourself. I was surprised by how many of the commenters were horrified at the thought, and believed it was an insult to the artist. I had assumed that people trade widely whenever and wherever. What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks!
Amy
Also, the pages to hold cards -- do they sell those at hobby/craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's? I didn't see them among the scrapbooking stuff, which makes sense, and I was on my way somewhere so I didn't ask the salesfolk. Or do you have to go to a game store?
The larger ATC group on LiveJournal has a question with several comments about "trading forward", or trading cards that you received from someone rather than making them yourself. I was surprised by how many of the commenters were horrified at the thought, and believed it was an insult to the artist. I had assumed that people trade widely whenever and wherever. What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks!
Amy
