"Meaningful passages" in Moby Dick and Heather Duke
I finally bought a copy of the DVD and watched Heathers with the commentary. I also just stumbled upon this great community :)
At the beginning of the scene in which JD attempts to convince Veronica to underline "meaningful passages" in Heather Duke's tattered copy of Moby Dick, the trio commenting said something along the lines of "Is this the beginning of the dream sequence? No...," but it's obvious by the time the camera pans across the church aisle to reveal Heather Duke's outlandish funeral and Westerberg High students clad in 3D glasses and white graduation (?) gowns that it's a dream sequence, even before Heather Chandler shows up. I was wondering where reality ends and the dream sequence begins; does JD ever really try to make Veronica underline the passages in Moby Dick, and does he ever attempt to murder Heather Duke? I knew, by movie's end, that Heather Duke seemed alive because she was present at the pep rally and in the scene in which Veronica snatched Heather Chandler's red scrunchie from H. Duke's ponytail.
Please clarify, thank you :)
At the beginning of the scene in which JD attempts to convince Veronica to underline "meaningful passages" in Heather Duke's tattered copy of Moby Dick, the trio commenting said something along the lines of "Is this the beginning of the dream sequence? No...," but it's obvious by the time the camera pans across the church aisle to reveal Heather Duke's outlandish funeral and Westerberg High students clad in 3D glasses and white graduation (?) gowns that it's a dream sequence, even before Heather Chandler shows up. I was wondering where reality ends and the dream sequence begins; does JD ever really try to make Veronica underline the passages in Moby Dick, and does he ever attempt to murder Heather Duke? I knew, by movie's end, that Heather Duke seemed alive because she was present at the pep rally and in the scene in which Veronica snatched Heather Chandler's red scrunchie from H. Duke's ponytail.
Please clarify, thank you :)
