Repository navigation
Allow CuPy 9 - #205
Allow CuPy 9#205
Conversation
ajschmidt8
left a comment
There was a problem hiding this comment.
It looks the libraries below are pinned to the old version spec. Should this change be tested with them before merging?
- https://github.com/rapidsai/cuxfilter/blob/branch-0.18/conda/recipes/cuxfilter/meta.yaml#L33
- https://github.com/rapidsai/cusignal/blob/branch-0.18/conda/recipes/cusignal/meta.yaml#L31
- https://github.com/rapidsai/cudf/blob/branch-0.18/conda/recipes/cudf/meta.yaml#L38
- https://github.com/rapidsai/cuml/blob/branch-0.18/conda/recipes/cuml/meta.yaml#L44
|
That makes sense and agree. Let's hold off on this for a bit then. |
@jakirkham, sounds good to me. do you want to close this PR or convert it to a draft in the meantime? This might help avoid some confusion because I see Dante is also changing the spec in NVIDIA/cuml#3378 (which will also need to be tested with all the repos). |
|
Good point. Marked as draft. We can revisit once we are ready 🙂 |
|
Should this be merged with #208 or the other way around? |
|
Would do Dante's PR first. I think we can wait on this one for a bit. Happy to resolve conflicts here after that goes in. |
|
@jakirkham What's the status of this? |
|
CuPy has been releasing some betas (which we have packaged in conda-forge). These have seen some use already. The CuPy 9 RC is due out 25 March. CuPy 9 final is due out 22 April. More details here ( cupy/cupy#3891 ) This is close to RAPIDS 0.19 release schedule though the fact that RAPIDS 0.19 is due out 15 April (a week before CuPy 9) could make things tricky if we want to include CuPy 9 in RAPIDS 0.19. Here are some options:
Thoughts? 🙂 |
|
I would like to point out that CuPy is today maintained by only 3-4 people and they're very often working real hard (including weekends) when release dates are close, so if we want to align 0.19 and CuPy 9 I would suggest we try to align RAPIDS release to CuPy's to alleviate pressure on them. |
RAPIDS 0.19 release is aligned to GTC so we cannot push it at this point. |
Ok, then our alternatives are:
We have a biweekly call with PFN next Tuesday, so it would be good if we have a decision on what to do by Monday early afternoon ET. |
|
Do we know if PfN is presenting at GTC? Maybe they would be interested in releasing around the same time for the same reason |
They've been offered to submit proposals, I don't know what happened to those, I'll check. |
|
I checked and there will only be an Optuna talk from PFN, no CuPy talks at GTC. |
|
Reminder that we have the CuPy biweekly meeting tomorrow with PFN. If we need to check whether CuPy 9 release can be done earlier to meet our needs, please let me know by 3pm ET today ! |
|
The below libraries have
|
|
Thanks AJ! 😄 Have submitted the following PRs to allow CuPy 9 to be use in the projects listed: |
|
All of those PRs have passed 😄 Asking relevant teams for reviews |
|
Looks like all of those PRs are now merged. Please let me know if there's anything else we need to do here 🙂 |
@jakirkham, just updated the branch here. assuming CI succeeds again, we can go ahead and merge 👍. |
|
Looks like it passes! 🟢 😄 🎉 |
|
Thanks AJ! 😄 |
Relax the CuPy version constraint to allow CuPy 9 to be used as well.