Hey!

New here too. I'm so glad I found this community!! Thanks for the lovely articles too!!

I've had problems with moral perfectionism especially.
It really was a revelation for me that some people freely can admit a fault (e.g., being late) and not beat themselves up about it. Wow. Or, take a job just as a 'job' (still baffles me;).

I've had a very critical Mom and learnt the patterns of perfectionism and negativism too. Have learnt a lot from books and people in my life, but am still learning. Have had periods of almost stress-free life, and others more stressful.

I'd like to share a story.

A Slovenian singer called Adi Smolar said at a charity concert recently, in a deep husky voice, "We all wish to be happy... And think we have to be beautiful, rich, famous... to get that."
He continued, "If only beautiful people could be happy, I should, could or would never be happy."
Then he burst out into a song that has a refrain roughly translated as 'F*** beauty/fame...!' etc.
Another song was about a toilet roll, deeply moving. How even a toilet roll can help make many people's lives a bit more... beautiful.
He *does* look like a scarecrow. Imagine Bob Dylan with frizzy hair.
He has a lovely wife, two adorable children (one was with him onstage!!)... that don't look like him at all;)) And a wonderful life, I suppose. He knows how to appreciate the little things and laugh at himself.
He writes wonderful lyrics that deal with stuff like wanting to be - or being;)- beautiful, watching a Van Damme movie with a girlfriend,...

I'd really love to take my songwriting and book-writing to a similar level!! To help create a culture that allows people be imperfect and embrace even the 'mistakes' that are sometimes the cutest things about us anyway!! And perfect the world, of course!;))