Hi. I'm a happy perfectionist.
Communities here on any sort of real self-improvement seem to be fairly
rare. About 95% of those in the perfectionism/self-improvement
categories seem to be dedicated either to weight loss or overcoming
eating disorders
Rarer still (as far as I can tell) are happy perfectionists, so I
thought I'd share what I've done to become one, and hopefully get good
ideas from others like me.
One major contributor to me becoming the way I am now is a list of rules to live by that I've come up with for myself:
1. One need not be normal.
2. Don't hate yourself.
3. Use the resources available.
4. Be happy. (yes, you can force yourself to)
5. No regrets.
6. Never forget (whatever it is, generally from this list or something like it, that you need to remember).
7. Question yourself.
8. Give your mind and body what they need.
9. When you know what to do, do it.
10. Focus!
11. Always content, never satisfied.
The last one, I believe, is by far the most important, as it
encompasses the mindset required to put the others to their best use:
always content to do what everything you can in order improve yourself
and your environment, but never satisfied with things the way they are,
because there is always room for improvement.
rare. About 95% of those in the perfectionism/self-improvement
categories seem to be dedicated either to weight loss or overcoming
eating disorders
Rarer still (as far as I can tell) are happy perfectionists, so I
thought I'd share what I've done to become one, and hopefully get good
ideas from others like me.
One major contributor to me becoming the way I am now is a list of rules to live by that I've come up with for myself:
1. One need not be normal.
2. Don't hate yourself.
3. Use the resources available.
4. Be happy. (yes, you can force yourself to)
5. No regrets.
6. Never forget (whatever it is, generally from this list or something like it, that you need to remember).
7. Question yourself.
8. Give your mind and body what they need.
9. When you know what to do, do it.
10. Focus!
11. Always content, never satisfied.
The last one, I believe, is by far the most important, as it
encompasses the mindset required to put the others to their best use:
always content to do what everything you can in order improve yourself
and your environment, but never satisfied with things the way they are,
because there is always room for improvement.
