What are you doing to achieve FI?

It took me about 6 months of working fulltime after college to figure out that I wanted to spend more time doing the things I enjoy and much less time working. I hope to retire in 10 years. That's 10 years of serious savings and living far below my means. After retirement (semi-retirement?), I can see myself working part time (>20hrs) at a university so I can take free college classes and be around the college environment that I enjoyed so much as a student.

I'm planning on saving as much as I can (soon it will be about 45% of my salary before taxes) and making as much money as possible.

I discovered the retire early homepage about a year and a half ago and it's really changed how I feel about working. I like how John Greaney promotes job hopping for pay increases. I plan on doing this myself during my career. I've already done it once so far and got a 10% pay increase in the process.