bluemondayaims wrote in we_hate_emo 😊contemplative

Listens: Cassie Steele - Broken

A long time ago, someone asked me why I hated emo. I don't even remember who it was, but it had to do with me saying that emo kids should be burned at the stake. So sit back and enjoy my rant.

Why does Amy hate emo?

It's very simple. Life is too short to whine about. I know that it's normal to whine. Hell, I was quite the whiney brat when I was a little munchkin. However, you get to the point where you're older where whining isn't very productive. It gets NOTHING accomplished besides annoying the bajesus out of others. Emo is basically about whining about how horrible life is. Oh, boo hoo. If you're so unhappy with your life, then why don't you change something instead of drowning in your own misery? Plus, I'm not particularly fan of how people label themselves as "emo"? What the hell? We're all unique people. Please, don't conform to some cookie cutter mold. We're people, not pickle jars. So if you feel like labelling something, go work at a cannery. Just please don't label yourself. All you're really doing is restricting yourself.

And I'm done for the evening. Ciao.