I'm new here...
Name: Christa
Nickname: --
Position: Treasurer (very hard job to do in my crew)
Location: Fredericksburg (Virginia) area
School/Work: I am in the 11th grade. I am a swim coach, lifeguard, and instructor during the summer.
Years in scouting: I did Girl Scouts way back when I was in elementary school and have been in my Venture Crew for 2 years now.
AIM SN/Contact Info: WrongBlasphemy [aim] Christaelaine@gmail [email]
Any interesting things your crew does: We do tons of fun interesting things, but I am sure all the other groups do too.
- I did the Regional Exploring/Venturing Emergency Preparedness & Response Exercise
- We go rafting on the Youghiogheny/Cheat.
- We go skiing.
- We go canoeing.
- We go rappelling, hiking and biking fairly often.
- We are going to a rock wall next month.
- We are going to a shooting range month after that.
Our group does a trip per month or more and has a break over the summer. We have a super activity at the end of the school year and go wherever.
We drive a fair distance to do whatever we want and go states away for trips.
Nothing different than other groups, right?
I am planning an upcoming shooting trip for my crew with a friend and we are having trouble thinking of something else to do.
This is a local trip, so we are going to take our own guns to the local range and get a campsite in Fredericksburg (if any of you know where that is) 20 minutes away.
We decided on doing something local the next day and heading back home (which is only 20 minutes away), but we want an activity to do at our campsite that day before we leave the campsite and go to our next activity.
I have noticed our group doesn't do much at the campsites when we camp because we are in such a hurry, but because this is very local, we have a great oppertunity to do something together.
Does anyone have any ideas for our group to do? We want to do a craft or something. Not something girls though (obviously because we have guys). Just something to sit together and work on without being rushed out of our campsite.
Posted to:
venturing
Nickname: --
Position: Treasurer (very hard job to do in my crew)
Location: Fredericksburg (Virginia) area
School/Work: I am in the 11th grade. I am a swim coach, lifeguard, and instructor during the summer.
Years in scouting: I did Girl Scouts way back when I was in elementary school and have been in my Venture Crew for 2 years now.
AIM SN/Contact Info: WrongBlasphemy [aim] Christaelaine@gmail [email]
Any interesting things your crew does: We do tons of fun interesting things, but I am sure all the other groups do too.
- I did the Regional Exploring/Venturing Emergency Preparedness & Response Exercise
- We go rafting on the Youghiogheny/Cheat.
- We go skiing.
- We go canoeing.
- We go rappelling, hiking and biking fairly often.
- We are going to a rock wall next month.
- We are going to a shooting range month after that.
Our group does a trip per month or more and has a break over the summer. We have a super activity at the end of the school year and go wherever.
We drive a fair distance to do whatever we want and go states away for trips.
Nothing different than other groups, right?
I am planning an upcoming shooting trip for my crew with a friend and we are having trouble thinking of something else to do.
This is a local trip, so we are going to take our own guns to the local range and get a campsite in Fredericksburg (if any of you know where that is) 20 minutes away.
We decided on doing something local the next day and heading back home (which is only 20 minutes away), but we want an activity to do at our campsite that day before we leave the campsite and go to our next activity.
I have noticed our group doesn't do much at the campsites when we camp because we are in such a hurry, but because this is very local, we have a great oppertunity to do something together.
Does anyone have any ideas for our group to do? We want to do a craft or something. Not something girls though (obviously because we have guys). Just something to sit together and work on without being rushed out of our campsite.
Posted to:
venturing