MMS-Witness
Further to Withiel's previous post on the topic of mobile phone cameras:
New surveillance system encourages public to record crime with their phones.
A Dutch technology consultancy, Waleli, has developed a new anti-crime system called MMS-witness. The system allows citizens to send photographs or video captures of crimes they have witnessed to a central police database as part of an emergency call.
The article also includes a previous link to a similar scheme in the US.
I just barely want a mobile phone. There's no way I would want one if it means I'm carrying around someone else's surveillance tools.
New surveillance system encourages public to record crime with their phones.
A Dutch technology consultancy, Waleli, has developed a new anti-crime system called MMS-witness. The system allows citizens to send photographs or video captures of crimes they have witnessed to a central police database as part of an emergency call.
The article also includes a previous link to a similar scheme in the US.
I just barely want a mobile phone. There's no way I would want one if it means I'm carrying around someone else's surveillance tools.
