Book Suggestion

    I would like to suggest a really great book for those who are interested in Mormon apologetics.  It is called "Tinkling Cymbals and Sounding Brass" and is by the late Hugh Nibley.  It is published by farms.

    In the book, Hugh Nibley interviews a number of early anti-mormon writers.  Of course, he is not REALLY interviewing them, but he asks a question, and then quotes what they wrote.  Since many anti-mormon writers take there information from their early predecessor's, the book proves to be an invaluable resource.  It shows why a lot of these people's arguments were very flawed an does so in a humorous, entertaining, and often sacrastic way.

The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians, 'Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal' (1 Corinthians 13:1). Since then, the terms 'tinkling cymbals' and 'sounding brass' have often been used to signify works of emptiness and confusion--describing perfectly most writings critical of the Latter-day Saints. Trained in history and interested in classical rhetoric, Hugh Nibley brings a broad perspective to his study of anti-Mormon writings.