Noah
Genesis 6:9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God.
Ever thought about the persistent obedience of Noah? I marvel at it really. The only blameless person living on the earth at the time. Wow.
Such faith, and consistent and persistent obedience? Ever look at an example in the Bible and go, "Yep, I sure don't have that." Some days, I feel more like Lot, the 'righteous one' living far too close to the world, and far too accustomed to the world's ways.
I want God to change me, yet I feel trapped, in too close a proximity to the things that grieve my soul.
Heavenly Father,
Help me to be set apart for you. Help me to obey You more than my own desires. Help me to be consistent and persistent in my obedience. In any way that I have ridden the slippery slopes of compromise, reveal it to me, so that I can reclaim the ground in my heart and mind that you so desire. Help me to reflect upon You and Your word, so that I may be a more accurate reflection of you, and not one marred by worldly fascinations and distractions.
Amen
Ever thought about the persistent obedience of Noah? I marvel at it really. The only blameless person living on the earth at the time. Wow.
Such faith, and consistent and persistent obedience? Ever look at an example in the Bible and go, "Yep, I sure don't have that." Some days, I feel more like Lot, the 'righteous one' living far too close to the world, and far too accustomed to the world's ways.
I want God to change me, yet I feel trapped, in too close a proximity to the things that grieve my soul.
Heavenly Father,
Help me to be set apart for you. Help me to obey You more than my own desires. Help me to be consistent and persistent in my obedience. In any way that I have ridden the slippery slopes of compromise, reveal it to me, so that I can reclaim the ground in my heart and mind that you so desire. Help me to reflect upon You and Your word, so that I may be a more accurate reflection of you, and not one marred by worldly fascinations and distractions.
Amen
