ramblings

Excuse that all of this is pretty late-to-the-party musings, but I feel wordy tonight and even if all of this has already been hashed over plenty a time, I still just feel like...getting it all out for myself. Forming proper words and whatnot. Put under a cut so you can all feel free to ignore it! Also under the cut in case anyone on my flist hasn't seen the movie yet. Consider that a spoiler warning.

I think one of my favorite parts about the Inception fandom is all the different viewpoints we get to see. Things like how extractions work, how forgery works, how dream security works. Things that in the movie aren't explained clearly and are open to interpretation. And there are so many interpretations and it's all just fascinating, really. One of my favorite things in general is learning all sorts of different perspectives on things and that's something that comes up a lot in this fandom, I feel. I feel like every fic I read that describes Arthur's past or why Eames is a forger, or what being a forger means, every different eye through which I can see the dynamics of the team, it all leads me to understand the movie as a whole a little better, even if these particular takes aren't necessarily how Nolan intended the movie.

I think a lot about a movie like this is more about interpretation than fact, obviously. But I guess I think that about most things. The important thing isn't whether or not the top is still spinning at the end, but whether or not Cobb chooses that as his reality if it isn't. Because like the old man in Yusuf's dreaming den says, who's to say that the dreams can't be reality? If Cobb wants to actively choose that life path, to say 'I know this isn't strictly reality, but I'm going to make it my reality' and I don't think there's necessarily something wrong with that.

Man, I lost my train of thought. BASICALLY I just find it really interesting how everybody takes the little details and makes so many different, wonderful things from them. I LOVE YOU ALL GOODNIGHT. Not really.

ANYWAY, outside of fandom. I ordered a Netflix account tonight because... I can't really figure out why I didn't have this BEFORE. I've started in on The Riches because I've been trying for two days now to get Sherlock to buffer on my computer and I'm seriously just about to download that bitch so I can watch it.

Also, I start school tomorrow. The end!