Ok, so I've only had lj for a couple of months and have been looking around for a community where I can find others that are going through similar situations and I think this is it.
I'm not sure how to go about this so here goes: my problems aren't majorly serious, some may think they're pretty pathetic, but it's just the little things that build up so much so that you just have to break down and cry every once in a while.
I started a new sixth form ( now in my final year), which for me was a pretty big step - I was at my secondary school for 5 years - it was my comfort/ safety zone, so I thought I'd be brave and take that step, one of my friends from secondary school moved with me but neither of us are particulary confident which i guess is what is the basis of all my problems- my lack of confidence. The first year was awful, I hit rock bottom, I even ended up cutting my arm in an attempt to get rid of some frustration. When I moved there, there was supposed to be a buddy system in place - but it was more a case of no buddy, and find your own damn way around, so that is how it was. I made 2 friends that year. I guess I made a break through when I braved a school trip to Paris on which I knew no one - but that was how I made more friends, they're all great - but half the time, even now I still feel that I don't fit in, like I'm on the outside.
I know that guys and relationships aren't the basis for life- but it would be nice just for one time for a guy to look twice in my direction, all my friends are going through a guy frenzy, this is where I am totally on the outside, sure there are a few guys I like, no doubt all out of reach, and I'm not brave enough to ask.
I know compared to some, my problems are quite minimal, but like i mentioned it all builds up, then it all comes crashing down.
It's more than this but it's hard to explain, is there anyone in similar situations?? - be good to hear from you...
I'm not sure how to go about this so here goes: my problems aren't majorly serious, some may think they're pretty pathetic, but it's just the little things that build up so much so that you just have to break down and cry every once in a while.
I started a new sixth form ( now in my final year), which for me was a pretty big step - I was at my secondary school for 5 years - it was my comfort/ safety zone, so I thought I'd be brave and take that step, one of my friends from secondary school moved with me but neither of us are particulary confident which i guess is what is the basis of all my problems- my lack of confidence. The first year was awful, I hit rock bottom, I even ended up cutting my arm in an attempt to get rid of some frustration. When I moved there, there was supposed to be a buddy system in place - but it was more a case of no buddy, and find your own damn way around, so that is how it was. I made 2 friends that year. I guess I made a break through when I braved a school trip to Paris on which I knew no one - but that was how I made more friends, they're all great - but half the time, even now I still feel that I don't fit in, like I'm on the outside.
I know that guys and relationships aren't the basis for life- but it would be nice just for one time for a guy to look twice in my direction, all my friends are going through a guy frenzy, this is where I am totally on the outside, sure there are a few guys I like, no doubt all out of reach, and I'm not brave enough to ask.
I know compared to some, my problems are quite minimal, but like i mentioned it all builds up, then it all comes crashing down.
It's more than this but it's hard to explain, is there anyone in similar situations?? - be good to hear from you...
