not sure if this is allowed, but anyway...
If this isn't allowed, feel free to delete it.
I'm not sure how many of you will be interested, but I hope that at least a few will be :) Just take a moment of your time and hear me out, okay? That's all I ask :) This has been cross-posted to a few communities, so I apologize if you've seen this multiple times, or don't give a shit XD.
A friend of mine and I are starting an organization (we are currently in the process of aquiring status as an official non-profit organization), called Wings of Change, and we're looking for all the support we can get. Right now we NEED preliminary support from ANYONE who's interested, and would absolutely LOVE to hear from anyone who is interested in becoming more involved with the group.
Our Mission Statement:
We at Wings of Change want to help bring a new light into people's lives through the awarness and conciousness of issues such as drug abuse, depression, self-injury, and suicide.
Our Goal:
To spread the word about the still-taboo subject of depression, self-harm, drug abuse and addiction, and suicide, particularly in (but not limited to) the adolescent community. We also seek to provide a support system and sense of community for those suffering from depression, etc. We do not claim to be doctors, and we do not claim that we can diagnose or "fix" you. We simply hope to be a ray of hope in the darkness of depression.
You can find us at our (temp.) website, http://sites.google.com/site/wingsofchangeoakville/
Please join our group on Facebook HERE, to show us that we have your support.
Alternatively, if you're interested, please send us an email at wings.of.change@live.com . As a formality, we'll have you fill out an application form, which will remain strictly confidential (and the info asked for is minimal).
Please spread the word and tell your friends, feel free to re-post this to other (appropriate) communities on Livejournal, or even on other websites. We are physically based in the Greater Toronto Area, in Ontario, Canada, but we would love the support of anyone, anywhere. We truly believe in this cause, and it's all about spreading awareness. Nothing under-the-table, nothing unsaid, and no mysteries. I know that things like this already exist out there, but we believe that this will be a unique community.
I'm not sure how many of you will be interested, but I hope that at least a few will be :) Just take a moment of your time and hear me out, okay? That's all I ask :) This has been cross-posted to a few communities, so I apologize if you've seen this multiple times, or don't give a shit XD.
A friend of mine and I are starting an organization (we are currently in the process of aquiring status as an official non-profit organization), called Wings of Change, and we're looking for all the support we can get. Right now we NEED preliminary support from ANYONE who's interested, and would absolutely LOVE to hear from anyone who is interested in becoming more involved with the group.
Our Mission Statement:
We at Wings of Change want to help bring a new light into people's lives through the awarness and conciousness of issues such as drug abuse, depression, self-injury, and suicide.
Our Goal:
To spread the word about the still-taboo subject of depression, self-harm, drug abuse and addiction, and suicide, particularly in (but not limited to) the adolescent community. We also seek to provide a support system and sense of community for those suffering from depression, etc. We do not claim to be doctors, and we do not claim that we can diagnose or "fix" you. We simply hope to be a ray of hope in the darkness of depression.
You can find us at our (temp.) website, http://sites.google.com/site/wingsofchangeoakville/
Please join our group on Facebook HERE, to show us that we have your support.
Alternatively, if you're interested, please send us an email at wings.of.change@live.com . As a formality, we'll have you fill out an application form, which will remain strictly confidential (and the info asked for is minimal).
Please spread the word and tell your friends, feel free to re-post this to other (appropriate) communities on Livejournal, or even on other websites. We are physically based in the Greater Toronto Area, in Ontario, Canada, but we would love the support of anyone, anywhere. We truly believe in this cause, and it's all about spreading awareness. Nothing under-the-table, nothing unsaid, and no mysteries. I know that things like this already exist out there, but we believe that this will be a unique community.
