hajimemashite
konbanwa,
(good evening)
hello everybody - i would like to introduce myself:
i am a rising junior at Fordham University - College at Lincoln Center, currently studying to get my B.A. in History and International/Intercultural Studies (thats the official name, but I say Asian Studies b/c i'm just taking all asian classes and for those that are "international" more history classes) and I am minoring in classical civilizations (ancient greek) as well. I grew up in NYC and currently a commuter student.
Although Fordham does not have Japanese, I am taking it for transfer credit at the Toyota Language Center of the Japan Society right now. This fall, I will be studying abroad for the academic year in London at the School of Oriental and African Studies. I hope to go to Japan for graduate study at some point, and aim to get my Ph.D and become a professor/historian. My main (prospective) areas of concentration I would like it to be Heian or early medieval Japan, and I am a bit of a fan of Murasaki Shikibu and other female diarists as well (I've read Makura no Soshi, The Diary of Lady Murasaki and the Gossamer Years) in addition to the Tale of Genji.
sayonara!
(ps: just a forewarning i am a very bad typer, so forgive any spelling mistakes if there are any in the future)
(good evening)
hello everybody - i would like to introduce myself:
i am a rising junior at Fordham University - College at Lincoln Center, currently studying to get my B.A. in History and International/Intercultural Studies (thats the official name, but I say Asian Studies b/c i'm just taking all asian classes and for those that are "international" more history classes) and I am minoring in classical civilizations (ancient greek) as well. I grew up in NYC and currently a commuter student.
Although Fordham does not have Japanese, I am taking it for transfer credit at the Toyota Language Center of the Japan Society right now. This fall, I will be studying abroad for the academic year in London at the School of Oriental and African Studies. I hope to go to Japan for graduate study at some point, and aim to get my Ph.D and become a professor/historian. My main (prospective) areas of concentration I would like it to be Heian or early medieval Japan, and I am a bit of a fan of Murasaki Shikibu and other female diarists as well (I've read Makura no Soshi, The Diary of Lady Murasaki and the Gossamer Years) in addition to the Tale of Genji.
sayonara!
(ps: just a forewarning i am a very bad typer, so forgive any spelling mistakes if there are any in the future)
