More Jack-ness.
So - Jack was having somewhere in the environs of a seizure an hour yesterday - in stark contrast to what the vet was telling me, where they only saw one or two seizures a day. It was very stressful, and it was looking more and more like I would have to bring him back to the vet's.
Well, last night, after the full spectrum lights went off... Jack stopped seizing. 6 hours without a single seizure, from 7pm to 1am. So I unplugged the bastard. This morning, there's been only one seizure.
So. THAT'S solved, more or less. Thank goodness! Damned epileptic bird. ;) Maybe now we can get this under control.
Right now he's eating, chirping at the other birds, and even did the 'hello' wing-stretch that birdlets do.
(PS: if anyone is curious, I emailed my prof explaining how sick my bird was, how important my birds are to me, and how hurtful I found her email. She emailed me back an apology, saying she hadn't understood the gravity of the situation.)
Well, last night, after the full spectrum lights went off... Jack stopped seizing. 6 hours without a single seizure, from 7pm to 1am. So I unplugged the bastard. This morning, there's been only one seizure.
So. THAT'S solved, more or less. Thank goodness! Damned epileptic bird. ;) Maybe now we can get this under control.
Right now he's eating, chirping at the other birds, and even did the 'hello' wing-stretch that birdlets do.
(PS: if anyone is curious, I emailed my prof explaining how sick my bird was, how important my birds are to me, and how hurtful I found her email. She emailed me back an apology, saying she hadn't understood the gravity of the situation.)