April fools extravaganza (or something)
As luck would have it, it's all at once the one-year anniversary of the creation of
linux_on_mac , April Fool's Day, and the day on which I review the pre-release of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope or something.
As a reminder, Here's my hardware.. I performed the upgrade the easy way:
The rest happened pretty much all by itself.
I haven't made a thorough test of every in-and-out of the system, but here are the things I've noticed:
Bad:
All in all, a score for Ubuntu!
linux_on_mac , April Fool's Day, and the day on which I review the pre-release of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope or something. As a reminder, Here's my hardware.. I performed the upgrade the easy way:
update-manager -dThe rest happened pretty much all by itself.
I haven't made a thorough test of every in-and-out of the system, but here are the things I've noticed:
Bad:
- The i-sight webcam quit working. It needed a bit of encouragement and a proprietary driver to work in the first place so I'm sure there's an easy work-around. I'll post more when I figure it out.
- The soundcard bug where if you boot up with the headphones plugged in the speakers and headphones work at the same time hasn't been fixed.
- The touchpad has noticeably improved. It acts a lot more like it does under OS-X (acceleration, for example). I don't know exactly what's changed and why and might not take the time to figure it out since I have other things to do. I just wanted to point out that there's a noticeable improvement.
- Suspend seems to work a lot better and more predictably.
- It seems like it's shiner, slicker, more streamlined, but that might just be placebo effect.
- So far, no noticeable bugs even though the distro doesn't go live for a few more weeks.
All in all, a score for Ubuntu!