Microsoft Excel 365 repairing my excel template and removing the table and autofilter

Anonymous
2021-03-05T04:24:48+00:00

I have created an excel template with few tables.Added few data validations and conditional formatting.This excel template is placed on our server without any data in our tables present in the excel.However once a user clicks on download template option the data in those tables is populated from our backend database.The issue is when the user opens the excel sheet.It gives a warning->We found a problem with some content in filename.xlsx.Do you want us to recover as much as we can.When I click ok to recover it then shows me->

1)Removed feature autofilter from table1.xml. 2)Removed feature table1.xml

3)Removed feature: Autofilter from table2.xml.

1)My query is when does excel try to recover a table and when does it consider a table to be corrupted and that it would need a repair and why does it remove autofilter?I have several tables but this repair is happening for only 2 tables i.e table1 and table2, out of which there is no table named table 2 which is my 2nd concern.What do I need to do to avoid this repair?

2)And  my 2nd question concern is->

I dont have any table with name table2.So where did it find table2.xml? I have a table named "table1" and that table is removed as part of repair but there is no such table named table2.I have other tables but their names are custom names.

Any help on this is would be really helpful.Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Andreas Killer 144.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-05T14:26:13+00:00

    Hi Sworaj,

    I can not exactly say why and I'm not 100% sure, but I guess the issue is due to the INDIRECT formulas inside the data validation in sheet "By Make Model". Some of them returns nothing and that is not covered by the design.

    For testing purposes remove all data validations in that sheet, upload to your server. What happens?

    Andreas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T14:11:12+00:00

    Hi Andreas,

    Thanks for checking. Please find below the original file where we are not facing this issue.

    This file is placed in the server and once it is downloaded from a link in our UI then the downloaded template gives those warnings. The file I shared to you today morning is the file that comes after downloading and it shows those warnings. However the data sheet was completely cleared before upload it in one drive for sharing.

    Even for the downloaded workbook that I shared today, the Data sheet is present with those tables that you can see now from the original excel sheet. Formulas used can be seen from name Manager

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgsXWkZsxJkQa9hAYawZBOd75lY?e=PalEoq

    Thanks,

    Sworaj

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Andreas Killer 144.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-05T12:34:11+00:00

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgsXWkZsxJkQaU7Lo1HHorQvC-E?e=0WFUuJ

    Hi Sworaj,

    I can reproduce the issue on my PC, but it's a bit hard to find out the root cause without the original file.

    Can you please zip and upload the original file from your PC that opens without issues?

    Then I can compare the internal file structures.

    Andreas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-05T06:25:14+00:00

    Hi Andreas,

    Thank you for responding back. Please find below one drive link for the template file->

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgsXWkZsxJkQaU7Lo1HHorQvC-E?e=0WFUuJ

    Currently instead of 3 warning I am getting 2 warnings. Now it is removing my table in the 2nd sheet i.e By Make Model. Once you open the excel and click on "ok" for allowing repair ->you will able to see the table that is removed along with the autofilter feature being removed. Kindly let me know incase you have any queries on the same.

    Thanks,

    Sworaj

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Andreas Killer 144.1K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-05T04:53:35+00:00

    We need to see the file.

    IMPORTANT: Zip your file!
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/zip-and-unzip-files-8d28fa72-f2f9-712f-67df-f80cf89fd4e5

    Login to https://onedrive.live.com (Use the same Login ID and password as for this forum).
    Click Upload in the top and choose your file.
    After uploading, right click the file and choose Share.
    Click Copy Link in the lower left edge (no need to enter an email).
    Copy the link and paste it here.

    Andreas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments