4. Paul Luther (Eternal Darkness)/John Sheppard (Stargate Atlantis)
Title: As I See Fit
Author:
canadian_ninja
Fandom: Eternal Darkness/Stargate Atlantis
Rating: PG-13 for some kinda-sorta graphic depictions.
Pairings: Paul Luther/John Sheppard
Notes: For
ithurtsmybrain. I do not own Eternal Darkness or Stargate Atlantis. Also, as a warning, I've never actually watched SA, so while I did research Sheppard, it could very well be completely and utterly off. For this reason, the story itself is more of a vignette; couldn't get a firm enough grasp on his character. It's also more focused on the Eternal Darkness side because, well, that's the side I know. Takes place during Paul Luther's story, Xel'Lotath's arc. (Hey, this is a community of brainhurters, why not take the insane route?) Spoilers abound for the end of Luther's arc.
Paul Luther. Franciscan monk. Utterly confused.
He had no idea how he had reached this wide open area. Last he checked, he was under the magnificent cathedral at Amiens and was still below ground; there was no way he could have traveled through so many underground rooms that he came out well beyond. He looked behind him and saw more open plains. This was even more disturbing; he knew he just opened a door Worse yet, he could hear something loud in the distance growing louder, yet he couldn't find it rushing at him.
Of course, had he looked up, he would see the aircraft hurtling towards the ground at speeds unheard of in his time. With a deafening roar, the ship plummeted out of the sky and crashed into the earth with a mighty explosion. Luther stared in shock at this huge piece of... well, metal. Where did it come from? How did any blacksmith shape it like that? How did it get up there in the first place? These thoughts were all interrupted when he saw a man emerge from the wreckage. He was slightly taller than Paul with short dark hair, wearing strange clothes made out of fabrics he did not recognize. He tried to ready his bastard sword in preparation, but found that not only could he not lift it, but that it was no longer in his hands.
"Well, that didn't work quite right," he muttered while scratching his head. He looked up and spotted Luther standing within earshot. Judging by the man's robes, this particular world didn't seem too advanced. However, that didn't seem to matter, as there was something about this guy... "Who are you? And more importantly, where am I?"
"I am Paul Luther," he replied hesitantly. "I'm... not sure where we are, but I think we are in Amiens." Seeing the dumbfounded look on the stranger's face made him elaborate, "A small hamlet in France?"
That got his attention. "You're telling me I'm back on Earth? There's no way I could have gotten back here!"
Paul, on the other hand, was not paying so much attention to his words than his face. He shook them off; he was a monk, he swore vows of chastity. But even so, he found it increasingly hard to ignore those urges. While this strange man was still talking, Paul's hand slowly moved up to touch his cheek. While startled, the man made no effort to remove his hand. "Hey, what are you doing!?"
"What is your name?"
His breathing sped up as he replied, "Major John Sheppard."
As Paul got closer to John, he felt an odd tingling in the back of his head. Such a horrible time to get a headache. "It is okay, Sheppard," he whispered, his face getting closer. "Everything--" Again with the headache! Why must it happen now? "--will be just fine." To his glee, he saw Sheppard's eyes had closed and his lips had parted.
However, no sooner had their lips touched that Paul Luther was yanked back to reality, staring at an enormous, hideous green creature with a demonic symbol for a head. What looked like a magically reanimated corpse-- Pious Augustus, according to the Tome, was standing with his staff in his peripheral vision. It was the last thing Luther saw as his head exploded, blood flinging in all directions. His body dropped limp to the ground while blood poured out of his severed neck onto the checkerboard tile of the cathedral's grand basement.
The Black Guardian spoke in a hissing feminine voice to Pious. "If I am to guard the artifact, then I will do it as I see fit. Begone! And I will continue to guard the artifact, as you have instructed."
Author:
Fandom: Eternal Darkness/Stargate Atlantis
Rating: PG-13 for some kinda-sorta graphic depictions.
Pairings: Paul Luther/John Sheppard
Notes: For
ithurtsmybrain. I do not own Eternal Darkness or Stargate Atlantis. Also, as a warning, I've never actually watched SA, so while I did research Sheppard, it could very well be completely and utterly off. For this reason, the story itself is more of a vignette; couldn't get a firm enough grasp on his character. It's also more focused on the Eternal Darkness side because, well, that's the side I know. Takes place during Paul Luther's story, Xel'Lotath's arc. (Hey, this is a community of brainhurters, why not take the insane route?) Spoilers abound for the end of Luther's arc.Paul Luther. Franciscan monk. Utterly confused.
He had no idea how he had reached this wide open area. Last he checked, he was under the magnificent cathedral at Amiens and was still below ground; there was no way he could have traveled through so many underground rooms that he came out well beyond. He looked behind him and saw more open plains. This was even more disturbing; he knew he just opened a door Worse yet, he could hear something loud in the distance growing louder, yet he couldn't find it rushing at him.
Of course, had he looked up, he would see the aircraft hurtling towards the ground at speeds unheard of in his time. With a deafening roar, the ship plummeted out of the sky and crashed into the earth with a mighty explosion. Luther stared in shock at this huge piece of... well, metal. Where did it come from? How did any blacksmith shape it like that? How did it get up there in the first place? These thoughts were all interrupted when he saw a man emerge from the wreckage. He was slightly taller than Paul with short dark hair, wearing strange clothes made out of fabrics he did not recognize. He tried to ready his bastard sword in preparation, but found that not only could he not lift it, but that it was no longer in his hands.
"Well, that didn't work quite right," he muttered while scratching his head. He looked up and spotted Luther standing within earshot. Judging by the man's robes, this particular world didn't seem too advanced. However, that didn't seem to matter, as there was something about this guy... "Who are you? And more importantly, where am I?"
"I am Paul Luther," he replied hesitantly. "I'm... not sure where we are, but I think we are in Amiens." Seeing the dumbfounded look on the stranger's face made him elaborate, "A small hamlet in France?"
That got his attention. "You're telling me I'm back on Earth? There's no way I could have gotten back here!"
Paul, on the other hand, was not paying so much attention to his words than his face. He shook them off; he was a monk, he swore vows of chastity. But even so, he found it increasingly hard to ignore those urges. While this strange man was still talking, Paul's hand slowly moved up to touch his cheek. While startled, the man made no effort to remove his hand. "Hey, what are you doing!?"
"What is your name?"
His breathing sped up as he replied, "Major John Sheppard."
As Paul got closer to John, he felt an odd tingling in the back of his head. Such a horrible time to get a headache. "It is okay, Sheppard," he whispered, his face getting closer. "Everything--" Again with the headache! Why must it happen now? "--will be just fine." To his glee, he saw Sheppard's eyes had closed and his lips had parted.
However, no sooner had their lips touched that Paul Luther was yanked back to reality, staring at an enormous, hideous green creature with a demonic symbol for a head. What looked like a magically reanimated corpse-- Pious Augustus, according to the Tome, was standing with his staff in his peripheral vision. It was the last thing Luther saw as his head exploded, blood flinging in all directions. His body dropped limp to the ground while blood poured out of his severed neck onto the checkerboard tile of the cathedral's grand basement.
The Black Guardian spoke in a hissing feminine voice to Pious. "If I am to guard the artifact, then I will do it as I see fit. Begone! And I will continue to guard the artifact, as you have instructed."