There was a baby bird on our patio this afternoon. Luke was super excited about it. His favorite book right now is P.D. Eastman's "Are You My Mother?" so he was going on about how its mother went to go get food. He wanted to feed it some yard clippings but I said I wasn't sure if it's mom would approve and that we should just wait for her return.

Matt wanted to help it, I think. But I told him we should just leave it for it's mother. And if the mother doesn't come back then she had probably kicked it out of the nest for a reason. :\

It's not there anymore so either it has moved or a hoodlum kitty got to it.
I hope Luke doesn't find it dead. Death isn't really something we try to shelter him from. He understands it in a simple way; it means something doesn't work anymore, like when the batteries run down on the remote. He knows it's a sad thing. But it was so sweet how he related this event to his book and I just want him to have that joy.

Luke Love

I need to make a Friday post. She amazes me and I can't believe she's already 12 weeks and has grown so much. I miss the fresh baked newborn goodness, but at the same time I can't wait for her to walk and talk.