Weekend Warrior Mode & Gym Membership Woes

What are you all up to this weekend? Any races? Soccer matches? Hiking or biking adventures?

I'm back to dancing! Not as much on the walking or hiking this past week (treadmill woes and it's raining here...if it isn't storming tomorrow, I do hope to get out for a quick 2-miler in the neighborhood, though.) I'm taking country line dancing twice a week and I've been practicing those dances plus my Shimmy Mob belly dance choreography. I grew up being told that I was too clumsy to dance, so I'm just truly discovering it now. Hubs actually wants to take a ballroom or salsa class with me, so we're working on that, too. Those classes (or private lessons) won't begin until mid-October at the earliest. Full disclosure: I am not a fan of country music in the slightest, but. The line dances are SO. MUCH. FUN!

As far as diet, I'm doing a modified low carb diet and it's going well. I did lose a whole pound this week, but since I didn't really start watching the carbs until Wednesday, I'll take it.

I toured a gym the other day. They offer several dance classes (line dance, salsa, ballroom, belly dance (only online now) and Zumba/WERQ--which is also dance-based) and they are in the same campus as the park district line dancing classes I've been taking, so right now it's super convenient. Only thing holding me back is that they do not have an indoor pool, and soooo many people, including my rheumatologist, have recommended swimming as a great way to exercise. So, I did not sign on the dotted line yet. I'm torn between them and a much more expensive gym that has an indoor pool and an indoor track in case my treadmill is forever dead. I've done the whole pros and cons thing, but ACK. They do offer Zumba at the expensive gym and tons of fitness classes both in-person and online. It's 5 minutes closer to my house and their hours are more flexible since it is a bigger gym. Ugh. I'm not usually so indecisive, but this one really is a tough choice for me. For those of you who belong to a gym, how did you decide which one was right for you?

Energy levels are still crap, but I feel like I have a wee bit more energy with every passing day, so YAY for VITAMIN D! ;o)