
Last Update: 06/02/2012
I've taken a break from Sherlock Holmes fic and BBC Sherlock in general so this reclist is unlikely to be updated for some time. Sorry.This is my Big Damn Holmesian Rec List. Inspired by other frankly awesome and greatly helpful rec lists I've read in other fandoms, I decided to compile my own.
It's just a baby at the moment so it may not be very Big and Damn yet but it'll get there, I'll be updating regularly so be sure to check back - I'll put the date of the last update at the top of the post.
Some things that should be said:
- This will cover 4 main Holmes 'verses; BBC, ACD Canon, Granada and Ritchie. It's likely to be mainly Ritchie and BBC but the other two will appear.
- Yes this will be almost completely (but not exclusively) Holmes/Watson. Some other pairings may crop up now and then, and also gen stories too. I'm sorry but what can I say, I love me some Mystery Solving Husbands. (I do delve in to other pairings in the BBC verse more so than the others)
- There will be porn. Everybody got that? Good.
- Only complete fics will be listed here (WIPs will be added once they are complete).
- This is my personal rec-list so it may not include your kinks/pairings if they're not really my cup of tea.
- You should totally ask me things - opinions, absolute favourites, etc. LET ME TELL YOU MY LOVES.
- You
should definitely can also send me recs. Actually I would love you if you sent me recs.
- Please don't be offended if your fic isn't listed here - it doesn't mean I didn't like it.
- For the time being I
will be warning for A Game of Shadows (and eventually Sherlock Series 2) spoilers.
- Probably some other stuff too. I'll come back to this.
Splendid Night by
katieforsythe (Holmes/Watson | R | CHAS)
Holmes and Watson battle the Master Blackmailer, with some surprising revelations along the way.Floriography by
lbmisscharlie (Holmes/Watson, Watson/Mary | R)
John's about to marry his best friend in the world. He's happy, in love, and content with Mary. So why can't he get tall, enigmatic man who did the flowers at his wedding out of his mind? (AU)
Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye by anon (Watson/Lestrade | Unrated)
Lestrade and John meet before John is sent to Afghanistan. They don't just meet, they fall in love. Performance in a Leading Role by
madlori (Holmes/Watson | NC-17)
Sherlock Holmes is an Oscar winner in the midst of a career slump. John Watson is an Everyman actor trapped in the rom-com ghetto. When they are cast as a gay couple in a new independent drama, will they surprise each other? Will their on-screen romance make its way into the real world? (AU)
The Theory Of Narrative Causality by
falling_voices (Holmes/Watson| NC-17)
Sherlock and John are BNFs in Sherlock Holmes fandom. Together, they fight crime. (Always.) And write porn, incidentally. (AU)
Winter's Delights by
kate_lear (Holmes/Watson | NC-17)
Sherlock takes John home to meet the extended Holmes family.[Yeah there aren't any recs here yet - give me time]
An Overcoat of Clay by
shockselectric (Holmes/Watson, Watson/Mary | NC-17)
Someone is shot, someone is buried, and not everything is as it seems.Coming Home by
shadowycat (Holmes/Watson| R)
An accident has robbed John Watson of his memory. Can he find his way back home again?Heals All Wounds by
ingridmatthews (Holmes/Watson| NC-17)
So, something happens to Holmes which leaves him with a facial scar of some sort. Anyway, he is of the belief that Watson doesn't really want him any more because of this, because he couldn't possibly find him attractive now.It's Nice to Know You Work Alone by
foxxcub (Holmes/Watson, Watson/OFC | NC-17) It's been two years since Detective Sherlock Holmes transferred to the Chicago PD from New York, surrounded by rumors that the relocation had been anything but a choice. (AU)
Roll Away Your Stone by
foxxcub (Holmes/Watson | NC-17)
Seventeen-year-old John Watson is set to finish his final year of school with a flourish, until the headmaster assigns John as a "tutor" to an arrogant, yet brilliant new student named Sherlock Holmes. Holmes is not about to be put in his place by this popular rugby football player with the too-blue eyes, and John isn't going to let this impulsive fifteen-year-old get away with anything. Neither expects to become friends, but a series of unexpected events and a possible murder mystery bring them closer together than either of them thought possible. (AU)
Tales From Malvik Hall by
ingridmatthews (Holmes/Watson | NC-17)
"You've done it now, Malvik. Perhaps the Yard gave up too easily but I assure you Holmes won't." ..."Sherlock Holmes is dead," he replied, his voice shaking with terror.The Adventure of You by
moony (Holmes/Watson, Watson/Mary | PG-13)
When Mary becomes gravely ill after giving birth to their first child, Watson must somehow balance his sorrow with fatherhood. Meanwhile, Holmes returns from the dead and makes a tragic discovery that begins a mystery they may not be prepared to solve.To The Victor, The Spoiled by
ingridmatthews (Holmes/Watson | PG-13)
A rich Holmes spoils Watson rotten. Watson enjoys it, sort of.Other Ritchie Rec lists:Big Fat Rec Post at
lastling