Slightly weird request - need help with extensions
This is totally dread related so I'm sure its OK to post here, its just a little unusual lol. My dreads are 2 1/2 months old and extremely tight. They shrank and got fat for awhile, now they are getting skinnier again, and it's a fun process to watch. I am wanting to at some point extend them, they are short enough to where I can't really pull them back or do updos and it would be nice to be able to do that especially once the baby is here. I have a pack of 14" human hair for the process. I know extensions generally aren't recommended for the first 6 months, mine are tight enough that I'm pretty sure they'd hold them now, and I have successfully extended youngish dreads on myself in the past with no issues. but just so long as I get them in before the baby arrives in Jan/Feb I'll be happy. After that I'm sure I won't be doing any maintenance or messing with my hair for a loooonnnnnng time lol - babies tend to take over your life for at least the first year - one of the reasons I dreaded back up in the first place, other than ocasionally crocheting in loose hairs and palmrolling, I really enjoy not having to do anything to my hair, as I HATED daily washings and blowdryings etc of my former brushable hair - even the oiliness that made frequent washing a necessity before has calmed down and I don't even *have* to do that that often, unless I want to.
Ok that was a lot of rambling to get to my point, which is that I'm looking for someone to help me dread up this loose hair so I can extend with it. Between moving into the house we just bought, 6 kids running around underfoot, (including two that aren't in school yet) and having an arm issue that means I can't have full use of my dreading arm for quite some time (old recurring childhood injury revisited, it was a compound dislocation and I have to wear a sling for many weeks and at some point get surgery) I don't see getting this extensions finished any time soon. So is there anyone out there that would be willing to help out with this project? i can mail you the hair and pay for you to ship it back once dreaded plus whatever you think would be fair for labor costs. The hair is yaki human hair, 14 inches long on a weft/track, and i can cut a few sections to size or all of them before hand to show you how big i want them - typically around a 1 1/2" size piece per dread. Oh yeah I only need about 30-ish dreads so its not a huge job.
If anyone would like to help out a fellow dreadie, please note here or email me at earthymamawitch@hotmail.com
Thanks!!!
Jenn
Ok that was a lot of rambling to get to my point, which is that I'm looking for someone to help me dread up this loose hair so I can extend with it. Between moving into the house we just bought, 6 kids running around underfoot, (including two that aren't in school yet) and having an arm issue that means I can't have full use of my dreading arm for quite some time (old recurring childhood injury revisited, it was a compound dislocation and I have to wear a sling for many weeks and at some point get surgery) I don't see getting this extensions finished any time soon. So is there anyone out there that would be willing to help out with this project? i can mail you the hair and pay for you to ship it back once dreaded plus whatever you think would be fair for labor costs. The hair is yaki human hair, 14 inches long on a weft/track, and i can cut a few sections to size or all of them before hand to show you how big i want them - typically around a 1 1/2" size piece per dread. Oh yeah I only need about 30-ish dreads so its not a huge job.
If anyone would like to help out a fellow dreadie, please note here or email me at earthymamawitch@hotmail.com
Thanks!!!
Jenn
