irsis wrote in dharmapunks

The Walmart Welcome Person


I posted this today at a couple of my sites and hope it fits in here;
 

Since I spend so much time with animals I find I sometimes have trouble relating to people.  So I try my luck at blogging with varying degrees of success.  I often end up writing into the void which forces me to reach out from my comfort zone to find people who I don’t have much in common with.  Like just the other day I commented on the blog of a successful saleswoman who said she was trying to help other woman find balance and success.  Then she read one of my blogs and left a comment.

 

   Her comment was only a few words, mostly just acknowledging the fact that she was there and that I seemed to be someone from a different planet.  That assessment didn’t bother me because I get that reaction fairly often.  What was interesting to me as I read deeper into her comment was my awareness of the effort she put into reaching me, just as I had made an effort to reach her.  But our motives were entirely different.

 

   Being a successful saleswoman had brought her to the realization that reaching out and touching anyone who appears in her conscious awareness creates energy which in turn can be turned into money or success as she likes to call it.  This idea made me think of the welcome person at Walmart.  Now the Walmart people are aware of the fact that if they pay a person to touch the mind of the people coming into the store, this person will create energy which they, in turn, can convert into money. 

 

  Now when I meet the welcome person at Walmart, I let myself be fooled into thinking he or she really likes me and I genuinely touch her mind back in a caring way.  This gives me access to the energy created and it takes the whole situation out of the economic realm and more into the metaphysical realm.  I always said that when I reach enlightenment, I’m going to become a welcome person at Walmart and be genuinely glad to see every person who comes through the door.

 

  There is a point to this blog and I’m getting to it now.  It’s so important to reach out and touch other people in friendship simply to partake of this sacred, created energy because another name for this energy is love and it should never be put on the open market.  “Seek first the kingdom of God, and the rest will be granted.”