leaves1 wrote in dharmapunks 😴sleepy home

Listens: coast to coast am

intro

Hi, just found this community whilst surfing around lj.

I'm not familiar with Dharma Punks the book or movie, but have been interested and somewhat involved with Buddhism for some years. My first involvement with Buddhism has been with the Shambhala community (have done a number of the Shambhala trainings) and more recently Bön Buddhism (the indigenous Buddhist tradition of Tibet) and have done some retreats with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. I'm also something of a Pagan, and an animist, and am inspired by intact indigenous traditions, as I think there is plenty of wisdom to be found in cultures that still understand our relationship with the Land. I also like certain nondual teachers, my current favorite being Adyashanti.

I've been co-moderator, for awhile now, of buddhistpagan_l which is a community about, you guessed it, Buddhism and Paganism. It's been quite inactive for awhile now, but open to new members if anyone's interested.

As far as 'punk' goes, it kinda fits, more and more these days I'm feeling like a green anarchist, if I had to pick any 'political' (yikes) affiliation. :)