Welcome

Welcome to all the recent posters to the community - I hope you all find a safe haven here to talk about your cutting habits without being told to stop or being verbally [or physically] abused. I hope you make some new friends and support networks.

Remember, if you can make it through today - you can make it through tomorrow, and if you can make it through tomorrow, you can make the rest of the week. Then you can make it through the weekend. Then another week, and then maybe a month.

Cutting, although distressing, is a very important self-preservation and even though a lot of people don't understand, many do. Hygeine and safety is of the utmost importance, and I urge anybody who has any infected wounds to get them checked by medical professionals ASAP. Surgical Spirit is great for cleaning instruments, please ensure you replace old blades regularly as well.

Just try to remember that everything bad is temporary, and I sincerely hope things get better for everybody in here very soon.

Everybody has been tremendously honest with their survey responses; and I am so appreciative of that as it seems most cutters are forced to hide their wounds and keep secrets from everybody around them. I hope this community helps someone, even just to admit they cut and that they're having a hard time in their lives.

Please feel free to post them to members only, you mustn't feel obligated to have public entries.

Poetry, writing, rants, photos, any kind of expression is also welcome here once you have posted your introductions - on which you may share as much or as little as you like, just please warn others if something may be triggering for them. I see we have an amazing amount of creative people in here - nearly every single one of you says that you express yourself through some creative outlet. I'm sure all of you are extremely talented, and I hope you never lose interest in your hobbies and passions.

Everybody, stay safe. Especially through summer when it's tempting to hide with long sleeves or cut somewhere 'less obvious'.

Don't ever let anybody make you feel bad for being who you are.