devday_under_10mb

GPT-6.1 Sol is one of the very interesting Dev Day releases for the API because of the price performance developers get from this model.

GPT-6.1 Sol is getting close to Astra on complex work while costing less. The DevDay roundup puts that into perspective: improved coding and computer-use performance, with standard token prices at one-fifth of Astra’s.

Compared with the original GPT-6 Sol, GPT-6.1 Sol keeps the same $2/M input and $10/M output pricing, while cutting cached input from $0.20/M to $0.10/M.

On DeepSWE v1.1, GPT-6.1 Sol achieves 75.2% at high reasoning effort, surpassing GPT-6 Sol’s best score of 68.8% at maximum effort, at approximately 76% lower cost per task.

On AutomationBench, GPT-6.1 Sol scores 31.7% at medium reasoning effort, up 4.8 percentage points from GPT-6 Sol at the same setting.

On OSWorld 2.0’s offline set, it scores 71.4% versus Astra’s 73.5%, both at maximum reasoning effort, at roughly one-seventh of Astra’s cost per task.

For your most demanding work, choose Astra when maximizing quality matters most.

For complex work you want to run more often, GPT-6.1 Sol gives you near-Astra performance at a substantially lower cost.

GPT-6.1 Sol is available today in ChatGPT Work, Codex, and in the API.

Do you know when Sol 6.1 will be available outside the US? I still don’t see it in my ChatGPT desktop app.

FYI Here in the UK it is already the default model for Codex CLI

This may be a ChatGPT rollout thing …

Maybe updating to the latest version of the app is all that’s needed?
The new model is rolling out to everyone at the same time across all surfaces.

It’s super strange. I see only 2 models in the ChatGPT Chat (website). I see more models in ChatGPT Work (website). I don’t see Sol-6.1 in the ChatGPT Desktop App on Linux (version 26.915.31945).

I’m in UK and on ChatGPT web I only see 5.6 Sol and 5.5 (“leaving 14th October”) - that date might be significant and might herald the loss of 5.5 but also the arrival of a replaced set - 6.1 Sol, perhaps?

My understanding is that the latest models are not part of “Chat”. They are either in “Work” or in “Codex”.

Ok looks like it’s a real issue and I’m not hallucinating. Basically Codex desktop seems to have removed 6.1 Sol, see here: Custom provider catalog disappears after desktop update: existing Sol 6.1 chats show Custom (0.159.0-alpha.12.1) · Issue #50282 · openai/codex · GitHub