barncat98040 wrote in badroomies 😡angry

I live in a college-owned house, with 10 other people. Key things about this house; it is a designated dry house, which means no alcohol, cigarettes/cigars, or drugs. It also has 24-hour quite hours. Toss all that together, and that basically means no parties.

However, what with pledging for the Greeks starting, people need to get their party fix someplace. But why make it in this house? I really don't enjoy asking people to be quiet at 1 AM, nor do I enjoy the smell of cheap beer. Based on those two facts, I filed a complaint with the RA. Having somebody in the house be lazy and park in the driveway, blocking in four vehicles, one of which is a state-registered emergency vehicle and people deciding to smoke in the house (outside is fine. Inside is illegal.) I'm now leaning going to the residence director, because my RA is largely ineffectual about some things. If she wasn't a sophomore, there probably wouldn't be much of a problem, but she is and, well, I'm a senior, there are a few juniors in the house...she doesn't get the respect that she deserves.

Sadly, the Campus Safety people are out of tickets. I'm hoping that there will be a ticket issued to this person retroactively (not registered, parking in a fire lane, and probably a couple other things on there...) and that my complaints will get something done. Besides, you don't want to annoy the person who has FAR more connections than you do; she may end up doing something that you don't like.