pokey4613 wrote in badroomies 😟bored

Hello

Hi there! I was actually thinking of starting a bad roommate community myself... and how to cope with them. I went to check the situation and found this community. So I joined. :D (As long as you keep this one open... I won't start one. ;) )

I have had a few horrible roommates. Four years of college and living on campus will do that to you.

I will tell you a little bit about my freshman year roommate. She was by far the worst. I could go on and on forever about her. When I first applied for housing, we were only allowed to pick the time of day we woke up, early morning or late-sleeper, if we studied with or without music, and if we were a night owl or if we were an early to bed. I chose that I was an early riser, did not study with music and I chose early to be because I wanted to make sure I did not get one of those people who stayed up all night and kept me up too with their habits.

Anyway, needless to say, I got the roommate from hell instead. She put that she was an early riser and an early to bed, however, she would stay up all night and all day for two days and then sleep for two days.

She said she did not study with music, yet she frequently listened to Peter, Paul and Mary cd's while studying for her classes. (Well, her studying habits were not as frequent as they should have been.)

In the beginning, we had to make a roommate contract, because that is just how it works at my school. We said, no music when the other is studying... or use headphones. We said lights off when the other is trying to sleep. We said no talking on the phone when the other is trying to sleep... unless they leave the room. There were many other things that I am refraining to mention for now.

Anyway, she broke all of those. One night she asked me if she could leave the light on for a few minutes when I was going to bed. I said sure, but only tonight. Every night after night after that, the light was on. No matter how many times I said something to her about the light, she would always say, oh I thought it was okay, you said the light could be on. Even after saying something, the very next day... the light was on again.

Like I said, I could go on and on and on... but this post is getting long. I have a ton of stories about her. I will save them for a future time. ;)