kansasman wrote in afjohnson

Inspirational Poems: Heaven's Grocery Store


Heaven's Grocery Store


I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign that read "Heaven's Grocery Store". As I got a little closer the door come open wide, and when I came to myself I was standing inside. I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere. One handed me a basket and said my child shop with care. Everything a Christian needed was in the Grocery store. And all you couldn't carry, you could come back for more. First I got some Patience, Love was in the same row. Further down was Understanding, you need that everywhere you go. I got a box or two of Wisdom, a bag or two of the Holy Spirit for it was all over the place. I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run the race, by then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some Grace. I didn't forget Salvation, for salvation, that was free so, I tried to get enough for that to save both you and me. Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill, fro I thought I has everything to do my Master's will. As I went up th aisle I saw Prayer and I just has to put that in, for I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin. Peace and Joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf. Song and Praises were hanging near so I just helped myself. Then, I said to the Angel, now how much do I owe? He just smiled and said, "Just Take Them Everywhere You Go." Again, I smiled at him and said, How Much Do I Really Owe? He smiled again and said, "My Child, Jesus Paid Your Bill A Long Time Ago!"