О республиканских кандидатах
Бесподобный диалог случился в эфире Radio Caracol Miami. Они связались с Маккейном пообщаться о проблемах, волнующих hispanic-ов, ну и после стандартных вопросов о границе, отношениях с Латинской Америкой ему задали вопровс про Испанию. И вот тут человек заблистал интеллектом. Причем продолжал блистать так, что журналистка не смогла продолжать интервью.
Запись - здесь. Расшифровка - ниже. Расшифрованное место - где то в последней четверти интервью. Выделения красным - мои.
Нет, конечно можно говорить о том, что президент не обязан знать все. Что все знать должна его команда. Но должен же он знать географию в конце концов, или нет?
Видимо пример Буша заразителен - о Пэлин я уже писал, сейчас вот этот. Чего ждать дальше?
Запись - здесь. Расшифровка - ниже. Расшифрованное место - где то в последней четверти интервью. Выделения красным - мои.
Interviewer: Let's talk about Spain. If you are elected president, would you be willing to invite President José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero to the White House to meet with you?Кандидат в президенты считает, что Испания принадлежит к Латинской Америке, кандидат в президенты говорит, что встретится с Сапатеро только если тот будет соблюдать права человека.....
McCain: I would be willing to meet with those leaders who are our friends and want to work with us in a cooperative fashion. And by the way, President Calderon of Mexico is fighting a very tough fight against the drug cartels. I'm glad we are now working in cooperation with the Mexican government on the Merida plan and I intend to move forward with relations and invite as many of them as I can, of those leaders to the White House.
Interviewer: Would that invitation be extended to the Zapatero government, to the president itself?
McCain: I don't...you know, honestly I have to look at the relations and the situations and the priorities but I can assure you, I will establish closer relations with our friends and I will stand up to those who want to do harm to the United States of America. I know how to do both.
Interviewer: So you have to see if he's willing to meet with you, or you'll be able to do it in the White House?
McCain: Again, I don't...all I can tell you is that I have a clear record of working with leaders in the hemisphere that are friends with us and standing up to those who are not and that's judged on basis of the importance of our relationship with Latin America and the entire region.
Interviewer: Okay, but what about Europe? I'm talking about the president of Spain.
McCain: What about me, what?
Interviewer: Are you willing to meet with him if you are elected president?
McCain: I'm willing to meet with any leader that's dedicated to the same principles and philosophy that we are for human rights, democracy, and freedom and I will stand up to those that do not.
Нет, конечно можно говорить о том, что президент не обязан знать все. Что все знать должна его команда. Но должен же он знать географию в конце концов, или нет?
Видимо пример Буша заразителен - о Пэлин я уже писал, сейчас вот этот. Чего ждать дальше?